No matter the discipline, very few providers have received adequate training on safely and effectively meeting the complex mental and behavioral health needs of older adults.
Don’t be caught unprepared!
Whether you’re a social worker, psychologist, counselor, nurse, OT, PT, SLP, or Long-Term Care professional, this training is exactly what you need to ensure proper care for geriatric patients facing Alzheimer’s, other dementias, depression, anxiety, trauma, substance use issues, and suicidal ideation. More than a broad overview, this training will give you specific strategies and interventions tailored to older adults.
During this specialized training you’ll receive:
- Cognitive assessment tools and interpretation tips
- Practical solutions to challenging behaviors in dementia patients
- Detailed guidance on recognizing the warning signs of suicidal behavior in older adults
- Adaptive solutions to treat late life depression, anxiety, trauma and drug use
- Tips and tactics for successfully working with families
Purchase today and leave feeling prepared and confident in your ability to overcome the most challenging complexities of working with geriatric patients as a Certified Dementia Care Specialist (CDCS)!
Completion of this training fulfills the educational requirements should you choose to apply for certification as a Certified Dementia Care Specialist (CDCS) – Visit www.evergreencertifications.com/CDCS for answers to frequently asked certification questions.