Watch this 2-day comprehensive course recording in Animal-Assisted Therapy (AAT) and learn a practical framework that facilitates incorporating evidence-based AAT into your current treatment methodology. You will receive specific, practical examples of how to implement AAT to greatly improve treatment outcomes for children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric client outcomes in a surprisingly broad range of areas, including:
- Reduce stress and anxiety and lower blood pressure
- Lessen symptoms of depression and loneliness
- Enhance mindfulness and attachment
- Lessen the effects of trauma and PTSD
- Improve human-to-human social functioning
- Help people suffering from agoraphobia
- Improve sensory recognition in people recovering from a stroke
- Help individuals with learning disabilities and speech and language deficits
- Improve Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Assist addicts to remain clean and sober
- Increase feelings of acceptance and belonging
- And More!
You will receive resources to help you immediately implement your own AAT program, including how to select a therapy animal, tools to assess for the animal’s temperament, limitations and stress levels, and how to include AAT on a treatment plan and document it in the progress notes. Learn the latest research outcomes, solid neuroscience about the human-animal emotional bond, and information about relevant laws.
AAT improves treatment outcomes in a wide variety of fields, including mental health, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, education, and medical.