Click here to purchase the CD recording from our product store.
Attend this webinar and learn more about the brain and what scientists are discovering about genetics alone determining disease. In most cases, lifestyle has a bigger impact on developing Alzheimer’s than does genetics. That is good news--while we can’t change our genetics, we do have control over our lifestyle choices. We will cover key aspects of the role of lifestyle on the risk of getting Alzheimer’s. You will understand the role of obesity, stress, Diabetes, exercise, and diet on brain health. This workshop will give you the most powerful tools there are to help your clients reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, or to slow the process down, if they already have it. You will leave with useful information to give your clients, including: the most beneficial type of exercise, a list of healthy-brain foods, and simple stress-reduction techniques.
Obesity & Diet
- The link between body mass index and Alzheimer’s
- The role of diet on Alzheimer’s progression
- Powerful foods for brain health
- Is Alzheimer’s Diabetes of the brain?
- The role of insulin in treating Alzheimer’s
- Strategies to reduce the risk
- 5 ways exercise improves brain health
- The role of exercise in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s
- The best type of exercise for brain health
- The power of stress reduction
- The role of meditation on brain health
- Tools to reduce stress
- Understand why exercise is the most powerful thing we can do for our brain health
- Learn tools for reducing stress
- Gain knowledge of the link between Diabetes and Alzheimer’s
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Jane Tornatore, Ph.D. has a 20-year background in both research and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and is a passionate speaker and counselor with a clear, accessible style. She has directed studies on Alzheimer’s and care giving, funded by the National Institute on Aging and the National Institute of Nursing research, and has worked as a care consultant specialist for the Alzheimer’s Association. Dr. Tornatore has been leading Alzheimer’s support groups for those with the disease and their caregivers for more than 15 years. She has published articles on dementia in peer-reviewed journals and presented her findings at national and international conferences, as well as to professional and community groups. Her private counseling practice includes sessions with individuals, couples and families, and consultations to assisted living facilities, adult family homes, and care managers.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at 1-800-844-8260.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to: PO Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call 1-800-844-8260.