The treatment landscape for dementia and brain related cognitive interventions is rapidly changing, making it difficult to stay abreast of treatments that work and those that have been over-hyped. With the popular understanding of brain plasticity increasing while concussion-related conditions are gaining a wealth of media focus, patients are looking to you to help them separate fact from fiction about brain health and rehabilitation.
Using the latest science, Dr. All will teach you practical interventions to best help your clients build and maintain cognitive skills and functional independence. You will leave this recording with a comprehensive toolbox of evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation interventions and the skills you need to match them to the cognitive domains for which they are most effective.
Drawing on over 15 years of clinical experience, Dr. All will teach you techniques and interventions to effectively:
- Assess for cognitive decline and accurately interpret complicated assessment reports
- Determine when to refer out to a specialist for more detailed assessment
- Put the recommendations of a neuropsychological report into action
- Create actionable treatment plans to immediately start helping your clients
- Expand working memory and enhance attention, generalizing to real-world functioning
- Improve memory encoding, consolidation, and retrieval to improve client independence
- Expand executive functions including planning and problem solving to promote flexible thinking
- Improve visuospatial function and language to enhance client independence and social functioning
Walk away with practical and useful techniques that can be implemented immediately within your practice. Start feeling confident in delivering the rehabilitation interventions your clients facing cognitive decline so desperately need!