- Get an all new “Mood Toolbox”
- Learn about the quiet revolution in therapy for mood disorders
- Translate these NEW advances into practical therapeutic strategies….
- Brisk awakening
- Dark therapy
- Social rhythm therapy
- Expressed-emotion regulation –and more!
Therapy is taking front-and-center stage in the treatment of bipolar and depression, and this seminar will bring you up-to-date on the advances your clients need most. We’ll draw from over half a dozen evidenced-based therapies, including:
- Interpersonal Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Bipolar (CBT-B) and Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Family-Focused Therapy for Bipolar
- Group Psychoeducation
- Functional Remediation
- Behavioral Activation
We’ll pull together the common elements in these therapies to create a single, flexible toolkit that you can adapt to the unique needs of each client.
You’ll learn how modern-life is contributing to mood disorders by changing the environment we live in. Blue-light from electronic devices can alter neurohormones in ways that cause depression, insomnia, and obesity. We’ll explore the effects of diet, seasons, light, temperature, and air-quality on sleep and mood. We’ll also look at ways that technology can aid recovery, including dawn-simulators, blue-light filters, sleep actigraphy, and specific apps for mood disorders.
We’ll explore the unique ways that bipolar and depression impact relationships and how to address those in therapy. Finally, you’ll learn how to work with families to reduce conflict and foster a more supportive environment for recovery during mood episodes.