Don’t miss this opportunity learn from Dr. Donald Meichenbaum, one of the world’s leading psychotherapists and co-founder of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Voted “one of the 10 most influential psychotherapists of the 20th century” and a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Psychological Association for his work on suicide prevention, Dr. Meichenbaum remains one of the most notable leaders in the field of psychotherapy today.
In this compelling recording, Dr. Meichenbaum will offer you the “untold” story of how CBT evolved, what it means for today’s clinician and considerations every therapist should contemplate when conducting psychotherapy.
He’ll then allow you access into decades’ worth of clinical knowledge and experience as he walks you through CBT-informed case conceptualization, treatment and management of some of the most difficult diagnoses on your caseload, including PTSD, substance abuse, personality disorders, depression, suicidality, and severe anger and aggression.
Under his expert guidance, you’ll gain skills and knowledge to:
- Expand your CBT-informed intervention toolbox to engage and treat even your “toughest” clients
- Develop “expert” level clinical skills and techniques that elicit lasting change in clients
- Implement an easy-to-follow case conceptualization model that informs assessment and treatment decisions
- Increase your clients’ ability to generalize their in-session skills to life outside your office
- Anticipate and address treatment non-adherence to increase the likelihood of success
Dr. Meichenbaum will not only give you invaluable concrete interventions to take back to your office the next day, he’ll do it in a way that reminds you of why you became a clinician in the first place.
Known for giving critically-minded, clinically astute and humorous lectures, Dr. Meichenbaum demonstrates the art and science of psychotherapy in a way only he can - you don’t want to miss this opportunity to learn from a legend in the field of psychotherapy!