Children and adolescents with ASD, ADHD, ACEs, and LLD lack self-regulation, emotion understanding, and social cognition. They display these deficits with a combination of poor conversational and interaction skills, frequent meltdowns, and disruptive/oppositional behaviors - accompanied by poor language, academic performance, and mounting frustration. How can we as therapists and teachers effectively identify, understand, and address these combined challenges to allow children to achieve both social and academic success?
The answer - develop a toolbox of language-, communication-, and attachment-based interventions!
Join international expert and author on language and literacy interventions Barbara Culatta, PhD, CCC-SLP, and learn to skillfully integrate language- and relationship-based strategies grounded in attachment and behavioral-cognitive research to effectively improve self-regulation, communication, and social skills in children. Dr. Culatta will guide you through a language-based framework that builds awareness of self and others, provides alternatives to acting out or shutting down, and is effective in any setting!
Purchase this recording and learn:
- Language-based strategies to help children identify and use internal state words to express emotions and reactions
- Communication and attachment strategies to promote relationship building, social problem solving, and academic performance
- Personal narratives to help children process attachment disruptions and trauma to increase emotion understanding
- Mindfulness, guided imagery, and sensory awareness techniques to help children improve regulation
- Movement- and sensory-based strategies to address behavioral, communicative, and social goals
Feel the joy of setting children and adolescents on the path to a more regulated and successful life!