Learn about obstructive sleep apnea and behavioral interventions for insomnia.
· Identify the common causes of insomnia.
· Formulate and implement a plan for patients with insomnia.
· Identify patients who need to be screened for OSA; formulating a plan for the patient with the diagnosis of sleep apnea and difficult CPAP compliance.
· Describe testing methods for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea.
· Employ non-pharma options for insomnia, and be able to better educate patients regarding insomnia.
The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. MAOPS designates this program for a maximum of .75 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation.
The MAOPS Education Planning Committee has no relevant financial relationships with any organization producing, marketing, reselling, distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients relative to the content of this presentation.
All grievances should be in writing and should specify the nature of the grievance. Initially, all grievances should be directed to MAOPS Executive Director, who will then forward said grievance to the Education & Convention Committee. All grievances will receive an initial response in writing within 30 days of receipt. If the participant does not receive a satisfactory response, then they can then submit a complaint in writing to the Council on Continuing Medical Education of the AOA at 142 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611.